Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Three weeks from departure

Yesterday,  Jeff and I went to REI to check out packs for our trip.  We have several heavy back packs from our treks to Kibbie lake, but we needed something lighter for our TMB adventure.  We will not be carrying our sleeping gear (ie; tent, stove, sleeping bag) or food, thankfully. 

So the dilemma at this point was, do I need a 32 liter, or 27 liter pack?  Jeff was looking at packs on line, however, I am a touchy feely kind of girl and need to see exactly how much space is inside these packs.  So to end the suspense, I have ordered a 27 liter pack and let's hope that all my 'stuff' will fit.  After 30+ years together, I still don't think Jeff understands how much stuff I really need.  Anyway, this pack should be fine since I do know how to travel light.

This past week I have also spent time reconfirming all of our reservations and putting together a travel doc with all the necessary information on our whereabouts as well as the contact information of all the refuges where will be staying.  Important within this doc as well, is whether or not the refuge accepts credit.  We want to make sure that we have enough cash on hand to pay our bill (I don't like to wash dishes), and there aren't ATM machines in every village.

Next week we will be going over our inventory list to make sure we have everything we need.  Medical supplies are essential as well.  Key items on this list would be benedryl (for bug bites), nu-skin, sudafed and mucinex (since we have all had the dreaded cold we received from the recirculated air on a plane), motrin and other pain relievers, sleeping aids (besides wine), and of course a laxative.  We will also be organizing all our our gear and doing a trial run of packing our packs.  So stay tuned, this should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment